We are presently gathering in-person with increased distance between chairs, and we recommend that attendees wear facial coverings. This setup reduces our in-person capacity, but we have a video feed to other areas in the church including our café and classrooms in the event that overflow is needed. Many of our small groups are presently meeting in-person.
Our Children’s Church offerings have also resumed. See below for parent info on safety precautions. Our nursery will be re-opening temporarily for Easter Sunday and permanently in May. Meanwhile, parents are welcome to utilize the nursery room to watch the service while caring for their children if the nursery is not attended by volunteers.
PARENT INFORMATION FOR CHILDREN’S IN-PERSON SMALL GROUPS
The following are guidelines that The Wheel Children’s Ministry of New Vision Fellowship has adopted to try to provide an environment, during this COVID 19 pandemic, that is as safe as possible for the children, volunteers, families and the community at large. By bringing your child to class you are acknowledging your acceptance of any possible risk. These guidelines were developed based upon the latest guidance from the CDC on both houses of worship and childcare facilities.
- Please check your child for fever or signs of illness prior to bringing them to church. The following are signs/symptoms for which to keep your child at home: congestion/runny nose (new onset), cough, shortness of breath, loss of smell or taste, fever/chills, headache, muscle pain/body aches, fatigue, sore throat, nausea/vomiting, diarrhea. Please accompany your child to their meeting area and verify with the teacher that your child has not experienced any symptoms of illness and they do not have a fever.
- Children should sanitize or wash their hands upon entering/exiting the children’s area and as needed during time inside.
- We will take attendance each week. This is for in the event someone gets sick within a few days of being in class that we can notify those exposed. Please notify your child’s teacher or the church if your child does become sick with COVID 19 symptoms within 3 days of attending class.
- When inside and within 6 feet of each other (pretty much all the time with the children) volunteers will wear a mask and we will request and encourage the children to do so. We can at least try, they might surprise us 😊. So please send a mask (labeled) with your child and instruct them that they need to comply with wearing it if requested by the teachers. There are some child sized masks available at the church if your child does not have one or forgets it.
- We will try to spend as much time as possible outside and plan for low contact, spaced apart activities and games, however part of the session may be inside. They will not be asked to wear a mask outside. Please send a water bottle or other hydration beverage for your child, labeled with their name as they tend to get thirsty playing outside.
- There will be a max number of children per room based upon the square footage. If the number of children exceeds this we will need to relocate to a larger room.
- Be aware that there could be last minute cancellations of class if a teacher/volunteer develops symptoms of illness and a substitute cannot be located, so please make sure that your contact information is up to date with the teacher.